The year of 2019 is, I’m hoping, going to be full of me using this blog a lot more regularly. I had some personal and health issues last year that kept me from that, but hopefully all issues have been resolved and I can move forward!
In that light, one thing I’m doing a little different this year is doing what I like to call “directed reading”. I have a looooong TBR list, like I’m sure most of you do, so by completing challenges like the one below, I think it’ll help me start to make headway on my TBR list instead of just going to the library/bookstore at random, spotting a book I didn’t even know existed before, and picking that up instead.
This one is called the 2019 Library Love Challenge, and is hosted by Angel’s Guilty Pleasures. The idea behind the challenge is to encourage readers to support their local libraries and save a little cash themselves by doing so. If you’re interested or want more information about the Challenge, I recommend you click the link and check out all the rules!
There’s a couple of different “levels” to this challenge, but I chose the mid-range level of reading >36 books from my local library – a.k.a., an Overdrive Junkie, which is funny because I usually don’t use Overdrive but instead go to pick up physical copies of the book from my library.
- Dewey Decimal: Read 12 books
- Thrifty Reader: Read 24 books
- Overdrive Junkie: Read 36 books
- Library Addict: Read 48 books
- Library Card on Fire: Read 60+ books
I will most likely read more than this many from my library, but one of my other goals this year is to actual try to read more of my own books that I already own, so I’m anticipating that number to be a little lower than normal. I’ll be updating this post every few weeks with images of the books, and with more books (obviously), but here’s a start.
Wish me luck, and let me know if you join in!
Update (8/4/19): Well, I’ve already reached my goal for this year because I’m addicted to going to the library and am NOT reading my books I already currently own like I planned to… so I’m upping my goal to Library Addict (48 books).
The Road So Far…
1. When Katie Met Cassidy by Camille Perri
2. Still Lives by Maria Hummel
3. The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
4. Obsidio (The Illuminae Files #3) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
5. The Copper Gauntlet (Magisterium #2) by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
6. The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan
7. The Dinner List by Rebecca Serle
8. Truly Devious (Truly Devious #1) by Maureen Johnson
9. The Fates Divide (Carve the Mark #2) by Veronica Roth
10. The Incendiaries by R.O. Kwon
11. Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum #18) by Janet Evanovich
12. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
13. The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
14. Ruined (Ruined #1) by Amy Tintera
15. Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Basahardoust
16. The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
17. Cross (Alex Cross #12) by James Patterson
18. Archenemies (Renegades #2) by Marissa Meyer
19. What We Lose by Zinzi Clemmons
20. The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious #2) by Maureen Johnson
21. Hero at the Fall (Rebel of the Sands #3) by Alwyn Hamilton
22. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
23. The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient #1) by Helen Hoang
24. The Whites by Harry Brandt
25. The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor #1) by Katharine McGee
26. The Enesemble by Aja Gabel
27. The Dazzling Heights (The Thousandth Floor #2) by Katharine McGee
28. Geekerella (Once Upon a Con #1) by Ashley Poston
29. The Towering Sky (The Thousandth Floor #3) by Katharine McGee
30. Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper #3) by Kerri Maniscalco
31. Learning to Swear in America by Katie Kennedy
32. Wintersong (Wintersong #1) by S. Jae-Jones
33. The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient #2) by Helen Hoang
34. The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds #1) by Alexandra Bracken
35. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
36. Avenged (Ruined #2) by Amy Tintera
37. Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan